16 December 2012

The Forgotten

We call each other by name.
By song, by touch.
By any peculiarity we disguise ourselves with.
Yet in this crafted hour
I call you by that which you don't recognize.
And so when you hear my voice
You will hear it a stranger does, detached,
Ephemeral as a distant echo that glides unto valleys
And at once is gone.

There will be days when even my face,
Familiar as a well-loved toy,
Will cease to exist.
And in its place, only a vague countenance
Of colors and brush strokes,
Only bits and pieces of letters
That must have once resembled notes
Written haphazardly
On walls, tabletops.
It will be like waking up from a dream
and realizing that even the waking up
Was unreal.

I glide in front of you
Like a feather.

7 comments:

  1. Not You: Does my Mainstream Underground Differential Calculus-inspired Poetrizing move you and how and why?

    You: (insert answer here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does no idea mean anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea means I'm either too lazy or too hungry to think. :-/

    I hate this piece. Balik2x ra akong style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bisayafilms.blogspot.com is the blog! I already am your FB friend kay I can't seem to add you up. Pero I didn't get updates from you. What kind of fackery is this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't have time yet to read everything, but I enjoyed the sound advice from tito sotto. Do you have the receipts!? Show me the receipts! Sure ka dili na tungod sa pagka hangol sa mga politiko? Sure ka dili na tungod....nimo nimo nimo nimo. Nimo. Nimo....? ? --> Haha! Laughed hard at this one. :D

    My FB account chooses to be dead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And what's with Sayo Lamang diay? There's also another Star Cinema film that worked for me, This Guy's In Love With You Mare, kato nga part where Vice Ganda leans against his car pretending to be a guy, and I actually felt kilig, believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete