25 January 2013

Resolutions

Here goes my list of LATE, boring and uninspired New Year's resolutions that I do not intend to fulfill but just want to write down for the sake of having that sense of direction, of planning on doing something, albeit imagined. Because who knows, I might re-read this post one day and actually DO it.

1. Study - Our company is offering tuition reimbursement on post-grad studies, so why not grab the chance, huh? But the catch, of course, is I'd have to get good grades to get the full reimbursement, and obviously, I can't take up courses like Masters in Robotics or Interior Design or whatever. So it's the usual fare, not really uber ultra hyped about it, but hey it's free, and some extra knowledge is always a good thing.

Why I should do it: School is a good place to meet people. So if not for the knowledge, then do it for the boyfriend! Ha ha.

Why I should not do it: Because I'd kill myself doing it. I'm averaging only 5-6 hours of sleep everyday, so with school, that would be suicide.

2. Climb Mt. Pulag - Now this, I INTEND to do. If only my officemates are as excited about this climb as I am. I've already bought a really good fleece jacket for a really cheap price (read: ukay-ukay), and I know where to get a Deuter ACT Lite 35+10 SL and a Coleman sleeping bag FOR FREE. I've done my research, all that's left is to contact the DENR superintendent in Benguet and we're almost good to go. So people, where's the enthusiasm? I can't climb the mountain alone!

Why I should do it: Because I am a self-proclaimed taga-bukid.

Why I should not do it: Why not?

 3. Publish my poetry somewhere - Lofty dreams! Of course, the only way to do this is to, first of all, write, and to second of all, write. But of course! So why am I doing so little of this lately? This makes me sad.

Why I should do it: Because life is music and poetry, but is invisible.

Why I should not do it: Because I'm a loser who has lost her muse (why do they call it "muse" anyways?)

4. Save - Shame on me for analyzing other people's money, and yet can't even manage my personal finances well. I was supposed to write down "invest for the future!" but thought that "save" was a more truthful, convenient and practical way to go.

Why I should do it: I'm broke.

Why I should not do it: Because poverty can be romanticized.

5. Dye my hair red - What's with all the wannabe brunettes? Red is the new brown.

Why I should do it: Red is pretty, and because, unfortunately, blue is not allowed as per the HR dress code policy manual (code na, policy pa, manual pa!).

Why I should not do it: Maka-dry ug buhok. Girly dilemmas.


There's supposed to be more, but I'll stick to five for now. The shorter, the better. The more important resolutions are, of course and as always, unwritten.


    

10 comments:

  1. maki share ko sa resolution no.4. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's do it joie! :D Mag baktas na ko everyday from office to dorm, maka save pa ko ug 2 jeepney rides and 2 inches from my waistline :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. mumata na ko sayo para dili ko magkadalidali unya mag taxi dayon. dako kau ang saving if mag jeep lang. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohkeeey.... note that it takes me more than a month to comment on your post and a halfday off of work. Yup, nag half day ko karon for the sole reason nga gikapoy ko and I want to go home and sleep. Definitely not sick, just tired! :p And here I am, doing the thing nga gimingaw na ko kay wala na nako nabuhat... reading your blog.

    This is probably my favorite post so far. So I'm very excited to give my two cents but whenever I get excited, I usually end up writing "meatlessly", aka "walay unod". Hahaha... I-literal lagi. Pwede pud, "fleshlessly". Hahaha...

    So here goes...

    Post graduate:
    Post graduate is good for you, Han, pero I don't recommend it in your case because of your work schedule. You're going to beat yourself up. Unless you find a...ahem... work that can give you ample free sked for it, then go go go. There, you do meet a lot of people. In fairness baya on your reasons, we're actually partially the same on why I did mine. When I started my second take on masters, I was hoping I could find a nice guy. Darn~ :p

    Mt. Pulag:
    Hahaha... no comment. :p

    Poetry:
    Hala hala... I encourage you Hannilou! I'm taking that step on the arts baya on April, you should take a step pud on your literary works. You know na what I mean about my plan... I'm a bit scared about it, then, nag inquire na ko about schedule... then summer classes start on April man for me. So I'm making it a point to enroll. Bahala na ni! Two ra mo kabuok nakahibaw on the crazy things I'm going to do. Hahaha... Do I have a muse for this? Hmmm... No... But I'm bringing back the teenage me. The youthful me who wants to live things to the fullest, to explore, and to try and try without worrying about success or failure. It's foolish and yes, maybe selfish. But hey, we're living life only once, di ba? As you said, "we're" 28. When man ka mo start ug write write write? Start early so that you can submit your works early, and have plenty of time to hone your talent.

    Our work and stress kill artistic inspirations. I can give you a concrete example. You already know that I'm writing a web "serial" starting last year, di ba? The plan was to continue writing it on January. But then, unexpectedly, the reshuffling order came and everything becomes so hectic, busy, and well... everything's moving on their own and I have to keep up with their pace. I am not stationary anymore and with this setup, it's very hard to feel something bare and human because I'm preoccupied with reality... the reality of self-survival in this world. No room for emotions.

    Save:
    Doing this religiously. Simple living ra ko. No more travels for me. :p

    Red Hair:
    Ganahan jud ko i-blue akong buhok du! Bisag like pina-Rogue lang ug style nga blue ang usa ka lock sa front. But then my mom discourages me kay dili daw ko professional tan-awon when facing with agency clients. >.< Talking about creativity & expression going down the drain for the sake of profession.

    There you have it! A month's worth! ~_^





    ReplyDelete
  5. Gihilantan ko ron and katulgon na kaayo ko, but I have to reply to this kay nakatawa ko sa "fleshlessly" :D

    Post Grad: I do not recommend it for myself pud. At this stage. I'm still pretty much directionless in that aspect maybe because the only time I'm not too tired to think about my plans for the future is when I'm sleeping. And about finding a nice guy, wala pud koy ika-recommend nimo kay the law of self-preservation dictates that I must get him for myself first. Wahaha! :p

    Mt. Pulag: Can't you see from my post na excited kaayo ko ani, unya dili lang ka mu-comment? Grr.

    Poetry: Hmm..wait, naglibog ko. Is that April enrollment related to your dream ni Ms.W in jogging pants? If so, go for it! If it's not what I think it is, go for it gihapon. Either way, I'm sure many exciting new things will happen as a result of it. :) The writing is in comatose again, but all this fever is giving me many strange ideas, I'll try to write them down when I can. On paper where nobody can see them.

    If you're pre-occupied with reality, I'm pre-occupied with foolishness. And what's foolish? you might ask. Sturya lang ta ana when we meet balik kay giduka na ko haha.

    Save: I'm saving so I don't have to give up on travel.

    Red Hair: I realized additional expense ra ni which will defeat resolution no. 4. As for your blue lock, I think that's going to be beautiful. I saw a guy in the mall once who dyed his hair blue then gi style niya na murag pina Son Goku. Nindot sya! :) I think it's very shallow when people actually think, ngee dili kasaligan ug nawong kay blue ug buhok.. Siguro it's because people associate unconventional looks with uncoventional behavior? Not always the case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pwede ang last paragraph lang sa akong replyan?

    It's the same na all blonds are dumb. Duh? Tsk tsk.

    Tomorrow na ang the uban. Get yourself some rest and a heavy dose of inspiration from the heat. ~_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. And here I am to continue the unfinished...

    Mt. Pulag is not even worth commenting because I know for sure that you will surely climb it this year. Remember Sagada? Well, if you will it, then it's yours. Why not, di ba?

    When are we meeting Han? We need to get that "liquid" again! Yep, it's the Ms. W in jogging pants. That one! Pero, I'm more interested in knowing what's foolish.

    Someday magpa color ko ug unusual color sa akong buhok. Definitely not gray! Hahaha...

    Mag plug na pud ko: Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away movies looks like a Kaleidostar Live Action! Wwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......... Will watch the video this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not going to Cebu in the next couple of months. Dapat ikaw na pud mu anhi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, we're almost losing it. Let's write write write. Or blog blog blog. - abad

    ReplyDelete
  10. How does it feel there? Reaper of income, and stasis, and all resembling the assembled stable piece.

    ReplyDelete