20 September 2012

A Necessary Evil

People take one look at my newly cropped hair and ask--did I just break up with somebody? Isn't it just the most natural thing for a girl to do? Like what Bea Alonzo did in One More Chance?

Well, I'm not spilling any beans here, but my cutting my hair short is as simple as it is complicated. For a girl, it is always a major event. As if the hair has a soul of its own, and snipping it off is equivalent to cold-blooded murder.

I miss my long hair. I miss the absolute freedom of being able to flip it, twirl it, let it hang loose on my shoulders, gather it in a nice ponytail, bubble it up in the shower, or just pull at it when I'm feeling stressed out. But I've been wanting to don short hair (again) for quite some time already, so I chopped it all off. But I miss it now.

Knowing these things, if I could turn back the hands of time, will I still choose to cut my hair? I would say it is inevitable. There would have been no other feasible option. Even if I will regret it later on, I will still choose to do it because I know I would be forever restless if I didn't.

I find it cool and sad and amusing that you have to lose something first before you can begin to love it.


Oh well.


3 comments:

  1. Nagpaputol ka, Han? How short? Ooooohhhh... can't wait to see u on the 22nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you 2, too, on 22! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hala..naa bitaw ko picture dha sa ubos nga mubo kog buhok. Pero karon, mas mubo pa jud akong buhok ana. :D

    See you on the 22nd. Grabe wa jud koy tulog pirme. Stressed out na kaayo kog nawong ig kita nato.

    ReplyDelete